Maggie is doing great today. Her color is back in her face. She’s been out of bed 5 times today although it really, really hurts to stand up. The doctor told her that it’s key for her to move around as much as she can stand and she needs to cough in order to get her lungs expanded and working strong.
In order to get out of the hospital the next steps are:
* Move around and cough to get her bowels awake again
* Once her bowels are awake, remove the tube and start liquid foods
* Once she handles liquid foods, move rapidly to solids until she can eat anything
* Once she’s on solid foods comfortably, start chemo
* After the first round of chemo she’ll head back home